Web Services Reliable Messaging (WS-ReliableMessaging)
Web Services Reliable Messaging (WS-ReliableMessaging) describes a protocol that allows messages to be delivered reliably between distributed applications in the presence of software component, system, or network failures. The protocol is described in this specification in an independent manner allowing it to be implemented using different network transport technologies. To support interoperable Web Services, a SOAP binding is defined within this specification.
WS-ReliableMessaging became an OASIS standard in 2007.
More information: Web Services Reliable Exchange (WS-RX) TC page on the OASIS website
More on the general topic: Messaging Specifications
- Asynchronous Application Service Protocol (ASAP) for SOAP
- Message Service Specification (MSS)
- Representational State Transfer (REST)
- RosettaNet Business Message
- Web Distributed Data Exchange (WDDX)
- Web Services Addressing (WS-Addressing)
- Web Services Eventing (WS-Eventing)
- Web Services Notification (WSN)
- Web Services Reliability (WS-Reliability)
- XML Protocol (XMLP)