Object Database Problems?
This section deals with various problems raised by critics of object database management systems (ODBMSs). A description is provided of each problem raised along with a response. Also, a reference to the source of the criticism is provided.
Overtime, several critics will be covered. Critics currently included are:
- Jim Melton and Andrew Eisenberg, "Why Use SQL Instead of an OODBMS," from Understanding Java and SQL Together: A Guide to SQLJ, JDBC, and Related Technologies. Go to the discussion.
More detail for the current topic: Object Database Problems?
More on the general topic: Object Database Articles
- Object-Oriented Database Management System (OODBMS) Definition
- When an Object Database Should Be Used
- ODBMS FAQ
- Caching for Object Database Management Systems
- Architectures That Use Object Database Products
- Everyday Uses of Object Databases
- ODBMS Myths