When an Object Database Should Be Used
Consider an object database when you have a business need for high performance on complex data. Generally, an object database is a good choice when you have all three factors: business need, high performance, and complex data.
Recently, people have also been considering an object database even when their data is not particularly complex. An object database can allow for a smaller team and faster development because there is only one data model. More information on these topics can be found in the related content below.
More detail for the current topic: When an Object Database Should Be Used
More on the general topic: Object Database Articles
- Object-Oriented Database Management System (OODBMS) Definition
- ODBMS FAQ
- Caching for Object Database Management Systems
- Architectures That Use Object Database Products
- Everyday Uses of Object Databases
- ODBMS Myths
- Object Database Problems?