Web Distributed Data Exchange (WDDX)
Web Distributed Data Exchange (WDDX) is an XML-based technology that enables the exchange of complex data between Web programming languages. WDDX consists of a language-independent representation of data based on XML, and a set of modules for a wide variety of languages that use WDDX.
More information: WDDX Wikipedia entry.
More on the general topic: Messaging Specifications
- Asynchronous Application Service Protocol (ASAP) for SOAP
- Message Service Specification (MSS)
- Representational State Transfer (REST)
- RosettaNet Business Message
- Web Services Addressing (WS-Addressing)
- Web Services Eventing (WS-Eventing)
- Web Services Notification (WSN)
- Web Services Reliability (WS-Reliability)
- Web Services Reliable Messaging (WS-ReliableMessaging)
- XML Protocol (XMLP)