Messaging Components and specifications described on this site are listed below. You can also navigate among the specifications by using the menu tree at the left of each page.
- Messaging Components
- Messaging Specifications
- Asynchronous Application Service Protocol (ASAP) for SOAP
- Message Service Specification (MSS)
- Representational State Transfer (REST)
- RosettaNet Business Message
- Web Distributed Data Exchange (WDDX)
- Web Services Addressing (WS-Addressing)
- Web Services Eventing (WS-Eventing)
- Web Services Notification (WSN)
- Web Services Reliability (WS-Reliability)
- Web Services Reliable Messaging (WS-ReliableMessaging)
- XML Protocol (XMLP)
- Transaction Specifications
Context for Messaging
Related Articles for Messaging
The Savvy Manager's Guide
Douglas K Barry is also the author of a book that explains Web Services, service-oriented architecture, and Cloud Computing in an easy-to-understand, non-technical manner.
Web Services, Service-Oriented Architectures, and Cloud Computing: The Savvy Manager's Guide (Second Edition)
by Douglas K Barry with David Dick
This is a guide for the savvy manager who wants to capitalize on the wave of change that is occurring with Web Services, service-oriented architecture, and—more recently—Cloud Computing. The changes wrought by these technologies will require both a basic grasp of the technologies and an effective way to deal with how these changes will affect the people who build and use the systems in our organizations. This book covers both issues. Managers at all levels of all organizations must be aware of both the changes that we are now seeing and ways to deal with issues created by those changes.