Web Services Policy (WS-Policy)
Web Services Policy Framework (WS-Policy) provides a general purpose model and corresponding syntax to describe and communicate the policies of a Web Service. WS-Policy defines a base set of constructs that can be used and extended by other Web Services specifications to describe a broad range of service requirements, preferences, and capabilities.
- WS-PolicyAssertions specifies a set of common message policy assertions that can be specified within a policy.
- WS-PolicyAttachment specifies three specific attachment mechanisms for using policy expressions with existing XML Web Service technologies. Specifically, they define how to associate policy expressions with WSDL type definitions and UDDI entities. They also define how to associate implementation-specific policy with all or part of a WSDL portType when exposed from a specific implementation.
More information: WS-Policy page on the W3C website
More on the general topic: Service
- Web Services Description Language (WSDL)
- Web Services Dynamic Discovery (WS-Discovery)
- Web Services Endpoint Language (WSEL)
- Web Services Metadata Exchange (WS-MetaDataExchange)