Application Server Articles
An application server (or app server) is a component-based product that resides in the middle-tier of a server centric architecture. It provides middleware services for security, state maintenance, along with data access and persistence. These articles provide a background on application server products and their use. The emphasis in these articles is on using databases for the persistence service layer of Java™ 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE™) compliant products.
If you are interested in a listing of application server products, click here.
- Application Server Definition
- When to Use an Application Server
- Application Server Architectures
- Using JDBC with Application Servers
- Using SQLJ with Application Servers
- Using JDO with Application Servers
- Using EJB Accelerators with Application Servers
- J2EE Architecture Solutions
- Article Suggestions
Author: Douglas K Barry
You may use this material for your work or classes. Reprint Policy.
Read More Free Articles on This Site
There are over 450 pages of articles on this site with over 20 pages on application servers.
Search this site for more articles
Browse this site for more articles
Click on the topics below to browse the articles on this site. You can see more detail by clicking on the arrows. This highlights the location of the current article: Application Server Articles.