International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA)
The mission of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) is to encourage the prudent and efficient development of the privately negotiated derivatives business by:
- Promoting practices conducive to the efficient conduct of the business, including the development and maintenance of derivatives documentation.
- Promoting the development of sound risk management practices.
- Fostering high standards of commercial conduct.
- Advancing international public understanding of the business.
- Educating members and others on legislative regulatory, legal, documentation, accounting, tax, operational, technological and other issues affecting them.
- Creating a forum for the analysis and discussion of, and representing the common interest of its members on, these issues and developments.
ISDA XML specific vocabularies
More information: ISDA website.
More on the general topic: Industry Consortia
- AdsML Consortium
- Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS)
- Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC)
- FIX Protocol Limited (FPL)
- HR-XML Consortium
- Interactive Financial eXchange Forum (IFX Forum)
- International Press Telecommunications Council (IPTC)
- Meat & Poultry Data Standards Organization (mpXML)
- Mortgage Industry Standards Maintenance Organization (MISMO)
- National Information Exchange Model (NIEM)
- Open Financial Exchange (OFX) Consortium
- The OpenTravel Alliance (OTA)
- Parlay Group
- Petroleum Industry Data Exchange (PIDX)
- PSLX Consortium
- Real Estate Transaction Standard (RETS)
- Research Information eXchange Markup Language (RIXML).org
- Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
Related Online Briefing
You may use this material for your work or classes. Reprint Policy. Be sure to check the menu at the left for other articles available on this site.
The Savvy Manager's Guide
Douglas K Barry is also the author of a book that explains Web Services, service-oriented architecture, and Cloud Computing in an easy-to-understand, non-technical manner.
Web Services, Service-Oriented Architectures, and Cloud Computing: The Savvy Manager's Guide (Second Edition)
by Douglas K Barry with David Dick
This is a guide for the savvy manager who wants to capitalize on the wave of change that is occurring with Web Services, service-oriented architecture, and—more recently—Cloud Computing. The changes wrought by these technologies will require both a basic grasp of the technologies and an effective way to deal with how these changes will affect the people who build and use the systems in our organizations. This book covers both issues. Managers at all levels of all organizations must be aware of both the changes that we are now seeing and ways to deal with issues created by those changes.