Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)
Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) is an XML framework for exchanging authentication and authorization information.
SAML is used with Web Services Security (WSS).
More information: SAML page on the OASIS website
More on the general topic: Security and Authorization
- eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML)
- eXtensible rights Markup Language (XrML)
- Service Provisioning Markup Language (SPML)
- Web Services Security (WSS)
- XML Common Biometric Format (XCBF)
- XML Key Management Specification (XKMS)