In the examples up to this point, we looked at the views that selected one type code at a time. It is also possible to have views defined that select on several type codes at the time. These are multi-type views. The first multi-type view is the Teacher View.
Next: Teacher View. Also see the related content below.
More detail for the current topic: Multi-Type Views
- Teacher View
- Employee View
- Creating Class Hierarchy by Factoring Attributes
- Adding the Student Class to the Hierarchy
- Adding the Person Class to the Hierarchy
- Object Schema for Relational Schema
More on the general topic: Using Existing Relational Schema
- Type Codes
- Using Type Codes to Construct Classes
- Checking the Class Hierarchy
- Adding Method Code
- Using the Data